PitchWars 2017 Mentor!!!!





I'm so excited to have been chosen as a PitchWars mentor in the Adult and New Adult categories. I was a mentee in 2015, and I know what a tremendous opportunity this is for writers who want to advance their work to the next level, and land an agent.

A little about me. I have a varied background, working in the health care industry as a Registered Nurse, case manager, college instructor, and more, ran my own interior design company, wrote several columns for magazines and local publications, all the while bopping around the world with my military husband and raising two great kids. I've written, directed, produced, and (just once) acted in theatrical plays.

That part of my life has passed, and now I devote my time to writing, editing, travel, and grandkids. So I have loads of life experience as well as writing experience. I belong to several in-person writing groups, many on-line groups, and attend as many writing conferences as I can squeeze in.

I write adult novels, the occasional short story, and am currently co-authoring a cookbook/anthology to be published in 2018 by Skyhorse, Homefront Cooking.

Since my philosophy is anything worth doing is worth over-doing, I have two literary agents, one for fiction and the other for non-fiction.

You can find me on Twitter @traceyenerson or @homefrontckbk.



But that's not even the best part. By entering Pitchwars, you open yourself to a community of writers that are supportive, responsive, and incredibly helpful. Even if you are not selected as a mentee, you will gain experience and new friends.

In July, I will be posting my wishlist. If you are a writer with a fantastic manuscript that fits my list, I hope you will submit to me! You can learn all about Pitchwars at: Brenda Drake - PitchWars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PitchWars 2018